[GRASSLIST:6328] RE: colro table on 256 color displays

Kingsley Burlinson kgb at synix.com.au
Mon Apr 4 10:34:27 EDT 2005

Thanks to Hamish and Glynn for the suggestion to recompile d.colormode
from grass 5 in grass6.
 Yes hamish, I first tried with the binary from grass 5    -    ooops.  :-o

Recompiling does work with no changes to the code and  a small change to
the makefiles and this overcomes the problems of having only a 256
colour display card.

>I think that is a porting error, not a code error. d.colormode just
>calls R_color_table_float() which is still alive in the raster library.
>
>Did you just copy over the binary from GRASS 5?  (ooops - yes!)
>
>Try copying over source code into grass6 source tree, plagiarize the
>directory structure and Makefile from say d.colors, and run make.
>

>d.colormode should be able to compiled for 6.x without changes. It
>just needs someone to add it.

Kingsley Burlinson