[GRASSLIST:6462] Re: GDAL Raw satellite imagery import

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 09:02:08 EDT 2005

On 4/14/05, RAVI KUMAR <ravivundavalli at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> Iam trying to import
> IRS 1d imagery data in BIL format
> of a size beyond my 1gb RAM computer.
> Low memory Error is recieved while importing in GDAL.
>
> Pl suggest steps to import.
> Thanks in advance

Ravi,

What command did you use?  Are you still using r.in.gdal as in your
post on the GRASS list?  I would suggest doing a default conversion
to GeoTIFF with gdal_translate and see if you still get the error.  That
helps us isolate whether the issue is with the BIL reader or the GRASS
output code.

Also, you mention the file is larger than 1GB .... how much larger?  If it
is larger than 2GB then it is important that your GDAL build support large
files or it will fail (though I wouldn't expect an output of memory error).
What operating system are you on.

Better information -> better answers.

Best regards,