[GRASSLIST:6567] Re: r.out.tiff

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 20 03:46:54 EDT 2005

> i tried r.out.gdal but did not succeed:
> 1.attempt:
>
> r.out.gdal input=freiraum_wil_rec format=GTIFF output=freiraum_wil
> createopt=WORLDFILE=ON
> ERROR: output Type not specified
>
> 2.attempt:
>
> r.out.gdal input=freiraum_wil_rec format=GTIFF output=freiraum_wil
> createopt=WORLDFILE=ON type=BYTE
> Signal 11
>
> so my question is:
> what is the task of _type_ -> what _type_ is for me to choose?

r.out.gdal --help

 type file type
               CInt32,CFloat32,CFloat64

depending on if raster contains CELL, FCELL, or DCELL data, you might
use Int32, Float32, or Float64 e.g.

> what means _Signal 11_?

It's a segmentation fault. Bug in the program.

> have i done something completely wrong?

shot in the dark: maybe just capitalization?, try
 format=GTiff type=Byte
?

You can do without the world file, it is stored internally, view with
gdalinfo. Try without, maybe that is causing the error.

Hamish