[GRASSLIST:6638] Re: surf.rst and segmax, npmin

Jose Gomez-Dans jgomezdans at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 08:33:34 EDT 2005

Hi Mâris,
> http://www.ing.unitn.it/~grass/conferences/GRASS2002/proceedings/proceedings/pdfs/Cebecauer_Tomas.pdf
> ?
>
> I use v.surf.rst (Grass 6.0.0) to create DTMs from isoline contour and
> aditional point data. I use tension 35, smoothing 1, segmax 100 and
> npmin 400 with good results. Segmentation lineas are visible only at
> very undersampled areas. I will fix that by ading some points there
> and then will be no problems.
> Consider ading some points at areas where segmenation is visible.

I have read that paper, however the problem is that we have no
accurate topography for the area I'm working in, and thus cannot add
points from other data sources, as we do not know their accuracy (the
differences could be up to 100s of meters in some cases). These errors
would also compromise the accuracy in areas where we have good quality
data.

Any other suggestions? :)
Jose