[GRASSLIST:7850] Generating rasters at different resolutions

Jose Gomez-Dans jgomezdans at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 05:26:06 EDT 2005

Hi!
I have generated rasters from vectors at a very fine resolution
(related to the accuracy of the vector data), and I want to aggregate
these cells to generate rasters at a much coarser resolution. For each
cell in the aggregated raster, the value should be the value that is
majoritary on the high resolution raster, provided it also exceeds an
area threshold. Additionally, it would be nice to have a second raster
with the percentage of area of the chosen category.

In principle, I had thought about using r.mapcalc, but I haven't
sussed out how to select the neighborhood to be considered. There's
the ewres and the nsres operators, but I don't think I understand how
to use them, or how to carry out what I want to do!

Any pointers appreciated,
Jose