[GRASSLIST:7869] Re: problems importing SRTM30plus files

Ian MacMillan ian_macmillan at umail.ucsb.edu
Thu Aug 11 13:33:34 EDT 2005

Carlos, I haven't played with this data specifically, but I think there
are to possibilities.  First, try byte switching the data from big to
little endian (or vice versa) when you import it.  If that doesn't
work, I am guessing that null values are handled as -32767, and 32768.
Use r.null to replace these values with null, then check out your data.

G'luck
-ian

On Aug 11, 2005, at 10:20 AM, Carlos Guâno Grohmann wrote:

> Hello all, I'm trying to import some SRTM30plus (30 arcsec) data I get
> from
> 	http://topex.ucsd.edu/WWW_html/srtm30_plus.html
> whitch have both land and ocean data,
>
> but things are strange. r.in.gdal say the format is no recognised, and
> r.in.bin can import, but the data range goes from
> min=-32768
> max=32767
>
> what am I doing wrong?
>
> thanks in advance
>
> --
>               Carlos Henrique Grohmann - Guano
>   Geologist M.Sc  - Doctorate Student at IGc-USP - Brazil
> Linux User #89721  - carlos dot grohmann at gmail dot com

What happens if a big asteroid hits Earth? Judging from realistic
simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we
can assume it will be pretty bad.
  - Dave Barry