[GRASSLIST:7892] r.gmtg -GRASS and MODFLOW-

Jaime Carrera jaicarrerahdez at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 13 12:25:13 EDT 2005

Dear list,

Some of you may already know that there is a module called r.gmtg that can be used to use GRASS' raster and sites maps along with user's input to simulate groundwater flow. The module also imports the results of the simulation into GRASS as raster maps and can be downloaded from GRASS' WIKI site ( http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/twiki/bin/view/GRASS/JaimeCarrera)

This module currently works on GRASS 5.* and current work is being done in order to port it to GRASS 6.0 and to use the latest MODFLOW version, MODFLOW-2000.

The module is being developed to meet our modelling needs, but I'd like to know if some one might be interested in using a specific MODFLOW pacakage. The new port will use some of the new packages of MODFLOW-2000, such as the Multi-Node-Well and the Hydrogeologic Unit Flow, as well as MODFLOW-2000 optimization routines for parameter estimation.

I am currently working on a proposal and I would like to mention that indeed some people are interested in the development of such a module, or furthermore if a NGO is also interested in such a tool. The advantages of this module is that it uses GRASS as a pre and post processor for MODFLOW and it aims at providing an accessible tool for users with tight budgets (the commercial processors are really expensive).
 Please drop me a line in case you are interested or in case that you've used the module in some kind of modelling. I'd really appreciate it.

Cheers,

Jaime

Correo Yahoo!