[GRASSLIST:7914] ***UPDATE*** GRASS MAPS project

Dave Sampson gis at watersheds.ca
Mon Aug 15 18:00:27 EDT 2005

Hey List folk,

I thought it was about time to start poking the gang again about GRASS MAPS.

As a reminder, as a result of the MUM/Open Geospatial 2005 conference
the concept of GRASS MAPS was born on a patio in the warm evening summer
air. This project is aimed to bring together a collectiong a maps
created in whole or in part by the functions avaiable in GRASS. I would
also entertain anything graphical including charts, diagrams, scotter
plots and the like.

If you prefer, you are allowed to use other programs like QGIS and GMT
to produce the graphical output. The important part is demonstrating the
high quality products you are able to produce through using GRASS as
part of your GIS workflow.

The final product would be a print on demand PDF available to the world
for purposes of promoting your recent project and GFOSS.

We have a small number of people that have showed interest, but before
progressing much further we require a bit more support and those
interested in submiting. So I would like to ask if you are interested
(no huge comitment required) please drop me a line so we can keep you
posted.

If you are producing products using GRASS and are not interested in
submitting to the project I would be interested to understand what
barriers may exist. Perhaps something can be easily done to conquer
those barriers.

Cheers

|Dave Sampson: Geographic Information System (GIS) Technician	|
|Centre for Sustainable Watersheds				|
|Cooperative Approaches to Protect Canada's Water Resources	|
|14 Water St, P.O Box 280. Portland Ontario, Canada. K0G 1V0	|
|Lat: 44.700	Long: -76.19					|
|www.watersheds.ca		gis at watersheds.ca		|