[GRASSLIST:8149] Re:postgresql connection failes

orkun temiz at deprem.gov.tr
Wed Aug 31 09:44:59 EDT 2005

Michele wrote:

>>>thank you markus,
>>>
>>>when I start postmaster with the port which grass is listening postgre
>>>db from
>>>grass works on postgredb.
>>>

>>hello
>>
>>sorry for multiple mails
>>
>>I found a answer to my last question.
>>using an soft link,  I can listen postgredb at the same time with grass
>>and psql
>>
>>is there any better way ?
>>
>>regards
>>
>>Ahmet
>>

>This looks to me strange, indeed I can use both psql and Grass to connect to postgres without doing your trik, maybe reinstalling postgres and grass you unintetionally changed some config or variable related to the port postgres/grass/your_system uses.
>Again informations you send are too weak to understand where the problem came from...anyway now it works :-) and I thinks it'll work in another machine with a fresh intall, BTW where did you compile? Linux (distribution?) cywin?
>
>Michele.

>Libero Flat, sempre a 4 Mega a 19,95 euro al mese!
>Abbonati subito su http://www..libero.it

you are right
initially,  postgresql was installed as debian package.
But later I decided to install postgis, used source code of newest
postgresql (8.03),
and not uninstall previous version of postgresql (7.4).

after installing postgresql I reinstalled grass with new path of postgresql.
But the problem I asked arouse. grass looked for old postgresql server.
Even I run new postmaster and later I removed old postgresql from system.
grass is now listening db from old postgresql's port at /var/run/postgresql.

Is there any way to order grass to listen pg/db from any port I prefer ?

regards

XamimeLT - installed on mailserver for domain @deprem.gov.tr
Queries to: postmaster at deprem.gov.tr
The views and opinions expressed in this e-mail message are the sender's own
and do not necessarily represent the views and the opinions of Earthquake Research Dept.
of General Directorate of Disaster Affairs.

Bu e-postadaki fikir ve gorusler gonderenin sahsina ait olup, yasal olarak T.C.
B.I.B. Afet Isleri Gn.Mud. Deprem Arastirma Dairesi'ni baglayici nitelikte degildir.