[GRASSLIST:8151] Re: d.rgb in display manager

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Wed Aug 31 19:52:38 EDT 2005

I'm working on an update to the GIS Manager that includes trying to shift
all normal display functions to the GIS Manager--buttons, option panels, and
layers. I've been successful with moving grid and geodesic/rhumb lines into
a GIS Manager panel. Now I want to do the same with d.rgb, d.his, d.legend,
d.barscale, d.vect.chart, and d.vect.thematic. One ultimate goal is to make
the display menu unnecessary (though the modules would still be accessible,
of course)

This is fairly time consuming, but I think the result will be worth it. To
make room on the button bar for these function, I need some TclTk help. I'd
like to move the monitor management buttons to the left side of the pane
that contains the layer tree. The layer tree would be as usual to the right
(but a little bit narrower), and the options panel would remain the same
below both.

I can't figure out how to do this, though I'm pretty sure that it has to do
with the panedwindow configuration (along with setting the button box to
vertical for the monitor management buttons).

If anyone with TclTk expertise can offer some advice, I'd appreciate it.

Michael
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA