[GRASSLIST:9281] ArcInfo Grid vs r.in/out.gdal

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at epf.pl
Sat Dec 3 14:52:04 EST 2005

Hi

As we know, in ArcInfo grids the coordinates refer to the cell centre.
In Grass it is the bottom-left corner of the cell. Now, when I import an
ArcInfo binary grid into Grass using r.in.gdal, is it automatically
shifted half a pixel resolution to cope with this issue or not? How
about r.out.gdal when writing to an ArcInfo binary or ascii grid?

Best,
Maciek