[GRASSLIST:9386] GRASS+QGIS crashes- dbmi: Protocol error

Nila Kreidich nila at theblizz.com
Thu Dec 8 21:38:13 EST 2005

Hello,

I am a NEW enthusiastic GRASS user.  I was trying to add a GRASS
vector layer in QGIS, with the attribute table stored in MySQL (GRASS
vector layer is linked to a table in MySQL, I used v.db.connect).
When I attempt to add this vector layer, QGIS immediately crashes and
I get the following error: dbmi: Protocol error.  Are there any
tricks you know of to get QGIS to accept this vector layer?  All
other vector layers that do not have a attribute table stored in
MySQL work fine in QGIS.  What could have possibly broken?  Are there
any little config files that I can delete?

This vector works fine in GRASS also.

Thank you for any help!

Nila Kreidich
International Agricultural Development Graduate Group
University of California at Davis