[GRASSLIST:9391] Re: v.segement options

Tim Semmelhaack t.semmelhaack at hamburg-consult.de
Fri Dec 9 09:39:42 EST 2005

Radim Blazek wrote:
> On 12/7/05, Tim Semmelhaack <t.semmelhaack at hamburg-consult.de> wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> What does the extra, optional value <side offset> in v.segment stands for?
>
> The point placed in the give distance form the line.
>
>> I couldn't get any differences by using this!
>
> That would be bug, are you sure you use appropriate zoom
> for given distance.

It still doesn't work ...

Here is an example, which I read from the standard input by
"cat segment_lines| v.segment input=mypath_length output=test_segment_lines"

file "segment_lines":
L 1 1 1000.0 2820.0
L 2 1 3000.0 3480.0 200
L 3 1 3600.0 4000.0

I'm using the current version of GRASS 6.1 from the CVS

By the way: Is there a possibility to calibrate the input lines?
I used v.net.path to create the line on a road network for example by
using coordinates from bus stops. The measured lengths differs (a little
bit) from the distance given by other sources (e.g. the transport
operator).
So can I give GRASS the exact distance and v.segment will find the
points by using this distance?

--

Tim