[GRASSLIST:9410] GRASS6 in text mode?

Chris Calvey enigmathica at orange.net
Sat Dec 10 06:31:04 EST 2005

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question or not
but here goes...

Does anyone know if it is possible to still use GRASS 6.0.1 in text mode
rather than the TCL/TK GUI? I have searched the GRASS site
but I don't seem to be able to find an answer to this question.

My reason for asking is that when I try to open a new monitor from text
mode from a shell running in X windows, i.e. d.mon start=x0,
nothing happens, no new window appears and I am silently returned to
a shell prompt. My GRASS is built with X11 support and typing d.mon -l
lists x* devices.

Has anyone else seen this kind or problem or may have an answer?

Thanks

Chris