[GRASSLIST:9412] Re: Reading and converting VMAP0

Nick Cahill ndcahill at facstaff.wisc.edu
Sat Dec 10 15:24:53 EST 2005

Just in case anyone else is in the same boat, I installed William
Kyngesburye's gis libraries for Mac OSX, and these were able to
convert vmap0 files to shapefiles successfully. I don't know why this
didn't work with the library files installed by Lorenzo Moretti's
installation of GRASS - but in any event, I'm happy.

It would be a big service for someone to convert all that data to
shapefiles and make it available on the web. Is there an advantage to
keeping it in the original VMAP0 format?

Nick Cahill