[GRASSLIST:9416] Re: Reading and converting VMAP0

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sun Dec 11 01:24:03 EST 2005

On Dec 10, 2005, at 7:20 PM, Hamish wrote:

> Ok on linux, haven't tried on a mac. OGDI lib missing? you might need
> to ask on the GDAL mailing list.
>
> $ locate libvrf

It's there in Lorenzo's distribution - /usr/local/grasslib/lib.  A
non-standard location, but I would have thought that setting
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH would have done it, yet it didn't.

Looking back at the details of the hack I put in my distribution, I
see that the standard OGDI makes 2 attempts to locate the vrf library
(or whatever other gltp library) - first as specified, then as 'lib'
+ [libname] + '.so'.  Both times use dlopen, which should use
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH.  Nick - I wonder, did you try both setting
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH = /usr/local/grasslib/lib AND gltp:/
libvrf.dylib/... together? (just to make sure, it wasn't clear in
your offlist reply that you did them together)

% setenv DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/local/grasslib/lib
% ./ogrinfo -ro -summary gltp:/libvrf.dylib/Users/nick/v0eur/vmaplv0/
eurnasia 'polbnda at bnd(*)_area'

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Those people who most want to rule people are, ipso-facto, those
least suited to do it."

- A rule of the universe, from the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy