[GRASSLIST:9492] Re: icons

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 15 03:40:44 EST 2005

> While the icons that come with installationare functional every user
> wanting  anything more siphisticated has to design it themselves. So,
> although I am no  artist, I thought I would post these icons in the
> hope that someone would  find them useful.

Hi,

I have just added a spot on the wiki for user contributed symbols to go:

http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/twiki/bin/view/GRASS/IconSymbols

Linked from the GRASS 6 add-ons page. Just make yourself a wiki account
and go for it!

> To use them copy them to the /usr/local/grassXXXX/etc/symbol/custom
> directory.

Maybe easier:
  $GISBASE/etc/symbol/custom/

Also as a general interest item, I found some hidden wiki-spam lurking
at the bottom of the main wiki page. Interesting as this parasite code
was designed to be non-visible to the reader.. survival tactics.

[shop  text/plain (460 bytes)]
VERSION 1.0
BOX -1 -1 1 1
END
POLYGON
  RING
    LINE

Note the "END" is not needed after the BOX instruction. That doesn't draw
a box, it sets up the bounding box which is used for icon scaling.

Hamish