[GRASSLIST:9525] Re: Best language for batch processing?

Jesse H. Hamner jhamner at emory.edu
Thu Dec 15 19:45:46 EST 2005

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005, Jonathan Greenberg wrote:

> Anyone have any suggestions for the best language to learn/use if we want to
> run GRASS commands via batch processing?

I use Perl for my scripting (not just for GRASS), though I do not dispute
the advantages of bash. Perl allows me to do more than I can with bash,
but then, I'm better at Perl!

I'm building a big script for my dissertation data (1608 months of data
with a variety of overlay maps)...without scripting I'd be in real
trouble.

Jesse