[GRASSLIST:9558] Re: rectifying images

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sat Dec 17 16:13:30 EST 2005

You are right.

However, if you can somehow come up with a set of GCP's in another way you
can just drop them in the points directory that i.points makes (It ONLY
makes GCP's) then run i.rectify. For example, when I moved a bunch of
aerials into GRASS last year that I "rectified" with MapInfo many years
back, I was able to simply take the text GCP files from MapInfo, reformat
them for GRASS (this took some trial and error), drop them into the points
directory, and run i.rectify.

You can also use gdal_warp if you have a file of GCP's.

Michael
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ 85287-2402

phone: 480-965-6213