[GRASSLIST:9630] Re: still have problem with volume visualization

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Fri Dec 23 11:11:20 EST 2005

On Fri, Dec 23, 2005 at 10:29:49AM +0100, Stefan Istvan wrote:
> Hello List Members,
>
> please somebody help me visualizing volmues.
> I created a rast3D type volume map, and I would like to see it in nviz.
> But adding to nviz a volume has no effect at all. I see nothing.
> Is there a tutorial about this topic?
>
> Thanks,

Istvan,

I have added a draft new volume manual page to the
NVIZ help menu in CVS [1]. It should also arrive on
the Web server by tomorrow.

Meanwhile you may try the Slovakia3D data set
with these instructions:

 http://mpa.itc.it/grasstutor/data_menu2nd.phtml
 -> Slovakia precipitation data (Chapter 7)
    slovakia3d.tar.gz

 http://mpa.itc.it/grasstutor/data7/slovakia3d_readme.txt

Markus

[1] visualization/nviz/html/nviz_panel_vol.html
    (someone may extend it)