[GRASSLIST:9639] Re: Rasters not displaying from old (Windows ) Grass Projects

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 25 19:27:26 EST 2005

> Thinking this might be a libgdal problem, I checked Synaptic
> and noticed that libgdal1-grass is available as
> a downloadable package, and is not currently installed on my system.
> Selecting that package for downloading gives:
>
> "The following packages have unresolved dependencies .
> Libgdal1-grass:
> Depends: libgdal1(>= 1.2.6 but it is not installable."
>
> That Synaptic problem may or may not be what is causing my rasters
not to
> display. Do I need to download libgdal1-grass? If so, from where?

That is the GDAL plugin for reading GRASS data from outside of GRASS.
(e.g. displaying GRASS maps in QGIS). Could be needed for r.out.gdal,
but not for r.in.gdal.

what version of libgdal is installed? (dpsg -s libgdal1)

I've got the package built for Debian/stable if you need it.
Hopefully into the DebianGIS Alioth respository soon.

$ dpkg -s libgdal1 | grep ersion
Version: 1.2.6-1
$ dpkg -s libgdal1-grass | grep ersion
Version: 1.2.6-1.dgis.sarge.1