[GRASSLIST:9663] Re: Import Gridded Population of the World

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Wed Dec 28 12:16:40 EST 2005

Karl,

[ after having received offlist the data]
ok.

the problem is that GRASS by default applies
a linear color table. However, with the megacities
in Asia and elsewhere, this doesn't quite work

the solution is to apply a custom color table,
or, as a first approach, a logarithmic table

r.colors asds00gialpha1 col=grey.log
d.rast asds00gialpha1

Works :-)

Markus