[GRASSLIST:5605] Grass raster vs ArcInfo grid

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at pf.pl
Wed Feb 2 05:40:04 EST 2005

Guys

AFAIK ArcInfo binary grid considers the middle of the cell as it's origin,
while Grass raster the bottom left.

Thus I guess there would be a positioning error of the ArcInfo bin grid
imported into Grass 6.0 location. This error would be half the AI grid cell
resolution. Plese let me know whether I'm right here or not. If right, then
how to fix it/prevent it to happen?

It also reffers to ASCII AI grid (right?), but one can simply help it by
editing the 'xllcorner' and 'yllcorner' in the header.

Maciek