[GRASSLIST:5644] AW: Re: v.in.ascii Grass6.0

Jan Bartholdy mailing_list at jan-bartholdy.de
Fri Feb 4 10:20:43 EST 2005

Thanks, Moritz,

v.in.ascii input=/home/Jan_Bartholdy/cities.dat output=cities format=point
fs=| columns='x double, y double, name string' x=1 y=2 z=0 cat=0

has printed the error:

WARNING: DOS text format found, attempting import anyway
Maximum input row length: 42
Maximum number of columns: 1
Maximum number of columns: 1
ERROR: ycol > minimum last column number

?

On Fri, February 4, 2005 15:31, Jan Bartholdy said:
> Dear All,
> here ist he error log from the import with v.in.ascii What is wrong? The
> line was created by tcltkgrass (d.m respectively)
>
> v.in.ascii input=/home/Jan_Bartholdy/cities.dat output=cities format=point
> fs=| 'columns='\''x double, y double, name string'\''' x=1 y=2 z=0 cat=0

I don't think you need the '\', and they seem to be the problem as

> Cannot create table: create table cities2 ( cat integer, 'x double, y
> double, name string length: 15' )

shows that they are still there and this does not look like correct sql.

So try:

v.in.ascii input=/home/Jan_Bartholdy/cities.dat output=cities format=point
fs=| columns='x double, y double, name string' x=1 y=2 z=0 cat=0

(as in the examples on the v.in.ascii man page)

Moritz