[GRASSLIST:5659] Compare GRASS5 and GRASS6

RAVI KUMAR ravivundavalli at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 6 23:34:53 EST 2005

Hi All
Many features are added to GRASS6, compared to
GRASS5.0. BRAVO, we all thank for the same.
But I understand that some useful features are missing
in GRASS6 as in GRASS5.
Iam writing a few, Pl fill in the rest as it is a
reality check for most of the beginners as well as
serious users.

GRASS5                            GRASS6
1. auto bitmap to Vector              Not available
                                 (we miss it as it was

                                   extremely useful)
2. auto bitmap contour lines       Is this missing
too(?)
to vector with a contour interval

3. Any other (?)                    Missing (?)
                    WELCOME FEATURES
100. Multiple attributes
     Not present                    New feature, GOOD
101  RGB Coloring                   Present, Great.
     Not present

Ravi