[GRASSLIST:5711] Re: Creating DTM from shapefiles

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu Feb 10 07:40:32 EST 2005

Replying to myself to correct what I wrote:

On Thu, February 10, 2005 13:18, Moritz Lennert said:
> On Thu, February 10, 2005 13:05, Māris Nartišs said:
>> And v.append error:
>>
>> v.append vect1=augstump vect2=izol_p vmerged=augstump_izol_p
>> vtype=point vlayer=1
>> Exporting 74 points/lines...
>> 74 features written
>> Exporting 172640 points/lines...
>> 172640 features written
>> Datum 'unknown' not recognised by GRASS and no parameters found. Datum
>> transformation will not be possible using this projection information.
>> Over-riding projection check.
>> Proceeding with import...
>> Layer: augstump_izol_p
>> DBMI-DBF driver error:
>> Column 'CAT' already exists (duplicate name)
>
> It seems to try to create a table containing all columns from the original two
> tables. Try renaming the columns of one of the tables to CAT2 and AUGST2 and
> see what happens.

Actually, I think v.in.ogr automatically creates a CAT column, unless you use
the the "cnames" option (which I haven't really understood, yet, though). So,
if your data contains a CAT columns this would be the second column with this
name and so is rejected.

Rename the CAT colums to something else in the original data, or do the steps
in v.append one by one and use the cname option.

Moritz