[GRASSLIST:5738] Re: Creating DTM from shapefiles

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Fri Feb 11 12:58:11 EST 2005

We just tested v.append with a set of vector files derived from DGN CAD
maps, imported into a UTM region with a WGS84 datum. It worked just fine,
combining both the vectors and attribute tables as I hoped. It (ogr2ogr that
is) automatically renamed the cat field to cat_ because, as Moritz notes, it
automatically creates a sequential cat value for the new vector file.

I am attaching a new version that is somewhat improved and more secure
(using g.tempfile) following advice from Hamish. I'll put this up on my
website. If people like it and it continues to work well, I can do a doc
page and add it to the CVS scripts too.

Michael

Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402