[GRASSLIST:5825] Re: Easily generating colourtables

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 16 19:25:30 EST 2005

> > Jose, I am not sure if this is what you want, but you can set the
> > colors with r.colors
>
> I realised that you can copy the colour table from one raster map to
> another using r.colors' rast option. This is exactly what was needed:
> the same colours for each raster, just pick one as a baseline, and
> then  apply that table to all others. However, it would be nice to be
> able to  have huge control over colourtables (and a nice collection of
> colourtables) like in GMT.

'r.colors rules=' should give you total control. Use it to set the color
table for the entire range (ie beyond the range of any one map);
copy it to all maps with the 'r.colors rast=' command; and use
'd.legend range=' to extend the legend to the full extent of your color
table (otherwise it snaps to the max/min values of that particular map).

see
 http://grass.ibiblio.org/grass60/manuals/html60_user/r.colors.html
 http://grass.ibiblio.org/grass60/manuals/html60_user/d.legend.html

Hamish