[GRASSLIST:5861] Re: 2GB+ in Grass 6.0

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at pf.pl
Sun Feb 20 07:23:57 EST 2005

From: "Hamish" <hamish_nospam at yahoo.com>

>> >location? I'm getting "file size limit exceeded". Please help!
> ..
>> Thanks for detailed explanation Glynn. Wouldn't it be usefull for
>> everybody  if these remarks went to INSTALL file?

> It is still in development - maybe not best to advertise functionality
> which doesn't really exist yet.

Right, there is no need to advertise it widely...

> On the other hand it gets people to try,
> and that is how the bugs will get found & better large file support
> sooner. shrug.

...but a note in the INSTALL with the all the cons and pros mentioned
wouldn't harm anybody. And this way those who would be looking for this
functionality would find it (and be warned it is still experimental) and
those who don't need it would surely no try it being scared off by the cons
mentioned.

See this: if the information was there I wouldn't have to bother you guys
and wait whole day long for a complete solution. Besides, as you said - each
new functionality needs testing. Those who try it at their own risk are well
suited to be the testers.

Maciek