[GRASSLIST:5934] Re: On Debian

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Mon Feb 28 07:14:09 EST 2005

On Mon, February 28, 2005 13:05, Hardeep Singh Rai said:
> I tried to install GRASS on debian (Testing), on following grass
> website, which points to Debian GIS, I put required lines in
> apt/sources.list

> deb http://pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org/debian-gis testing main non-free
> contrib
> deb-src http://pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org/debian-gis testing
> main non-free contrib
>
> deb file:/home/software/debian sarge packages

Why do you need this last line ? The first two are enough to get the debian
packages.

See http://pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?DebianGisRepository for
exact instructions, including for pinning to make sure that you get the
packages from DebianGIS and not from the main Debian repository.

> On "apt-get update", it says "file Packages" not found.

This is due to the last line...

Moritz