[GRASSLIST:5936] Re: On Debian

Stephan Holl sholl at gmx.net
Mon Feb 28 07:31:17 EST 2005

Hello Hardeep,

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 04:05:01 -0800 "Hardeep Singh Rai" <hardeep at eml.cc>
wrote:

> I tried to install GRASS on debian (Testing), on following grass
> website, which points to Debian GIS, I put required lines in
> apt/sources.list

> deb http://pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org/debian-gis testing main non-
> free contrib
> deb-src http://pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org/debian-gis testing
> main non-free contrib
>
> deb file:/home/software/debian sarge packages

I think there are no testing-packages on alioth.
you should user unstable instead of testing in /etc/apt/source.list

This should allow apt-get update to find the correct file.

> On "apt-get update", it says "file Packages" not found. How I can use
> apt-get to install Grass6.0 on Debian.
>
> If I try source, it says "zlib" header file not found. And I could not
> find package to be installed from 15 CDs of Debian Testing.
>
> Please give me pointer to enable me to install it on Debian. GRASS5.2
> is there on CDs, which I could install easily.

recently I heard that GRASS filtered into sarge officially, so an
apt-get install grass should do (untested).

Cheers
	Stephan

--
Stephan Holl