[GRASSLIST:5243] Assigning NULL values to raster maps when importing data

Jaime Carrera jaicarrerahdez at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 3 12:46:30 EST 2005

Dear all,

I wrote a program to import ASCII files which
automatically assigns a rainbow color table to each
raster map. I'm importing floating point raster maps
but the ASCII files also have a value of -999 for
cells that are not used for the simulation (the
program I wrote imports MODFLOW's output for heads and
drawdowns). When Ithe program assigns the rainbow
color table it uses the MIN and MAX values of the
raster map, and whenever there are inactive cells a
valu of -999 will be present.
I wanted to ask for some guidance in order to
reclassify the -999 value to a NULL value when the
maps are imported so the MIN value used to assign the
color table is the actual min value from the
simulation.

Thanks a lot and all the best for the new year,

Jaime