[GRASSLIST:5249] LSD program

Craig Aumann caumann at ualberta.ca
Tue Jan 4 12:12:22 EST 2005

In glancing at your script, I wondered why you didn't just import the
stuff into a statistical package like R and then use all the clustering
routines it has.    See www.r-project.org

## Key commands in R are:

## Load the packages to access the database, in particular the PgSQL ##
database
require(Rdbi)
require(RdbiPgSQL)

## Load some clustering routines

require(cluster)
require(mclust)

### Connect to the database and read in a points data set "jogis"
## and read in the dataset "wells_att".

conn <- dbConnect(PgSQL(), dbname="jogis", user="caumann")
wells <- dbReadTable(conn, "wells_att")
dbDisconnect(conn)

## Now you can apply any clustering or kernel smoothing technique you
want to the dataset.

If this is of any help, let me know and I can provide more details.
Cheers!
Craig