[GRASSLIST:5280] Re: d.vect.area in GRASS 5.7

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Mon Jan 10 14:02:30 EST 2005

On Mon, January 10, 2005 19:44, DrakeGis said:
> Hi All,
>   I'm wondering what hapened with d.vect.area in GRASS 5.7 ? It seems that
> it doesn't exist anymore... is there any new way to plot vector areas
> with different colors ? I would like to map some areas according to the
> values stored in any column of the database, but I don't know how to do
> it.

The functionality of d.vect.area has been integrated into d.vect. In your case
you could create a column with RGB values in your database and use the -a
flag, or use the cats or where option with fcolor.

In general, if you cannot find a command you used in 5.0/5.4 in 5.7, have a
look at http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/twiki/bin/view/GRASS/ModulePortingList to
find out how it was replaced.

Moritz