[GRASSLIST:5312] Re: grass and geology

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Wed Jan 12 03:29:48 EST 2005

On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 12:17:03PM -1200, Joel Peter William Pitt wrote:
> Vincent Godard wrote:
>
> >I am getting the following error message:
> >
> >DBMI-DBF driver error:
> >Column 'GLG' already exists (duplicate name)
> >Cannot create table.
> >

> If you have access to ArcGIS then try opening the file there
> and renaming the second GLG column to something different
> (i.e. GLG2).

You can also use OpenOffice for this:

View -> Data
 * Sources -> select your data source (probably "Data source 1")
 * Tables
     * your table 'whatever_name'
          * click right mouse button on table
              -> Edit table
              -> modify column(s)
              -> Save the table.
 * 'Exit' from OpenOffice.

Or you can probably also use db.execute, add a new column,
copy over the values from the other column, then remove this column (untested).

Markus

--
Markus Neteler     <neteler itc it>       http://mpa.itc.it