[GRASSLIST:5344] Re: Long database names?

Jonathan Greenberg greenberg at ucdavis.edu
Thu Jan 13 11:20:35 EST 2005

Markus:

    I think making the name length arbitrarily long (or at least very, very
long) would be the best approach -- I'm thinking of users of macs and pcs,
mind you, where minimally they have to include:
    /Users/username/Documents (mac)
    /Documents and Settings/Username/My Documents (pcs)

I think the database name I was trying to use under MacOS X was:
/Users/username/Documents/projects/yosemite/grassdata or something along
those lines.

    Would this be difficult to do?

--j

--