[GRASSLIST:5350] Re: map.apr

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu Jan 13 15:37:51 EST 2005

Miguel,

Could you please post your questions to the Grass-Users list
(grasslist at baylor.edu) only, and not to the developers list ? Thank you.

On Thu, January 13, 2005 20:15, Miguel A. Altamirano del C said:
> Hi all,
> anyone know how to read a map with extention .apr??
> need this map as a base map of my datas; i try with
> various d.in.gdal,ascii, etc, but don't work. The file
> i obtain from arcview and contain the american
> continent.

An apr file is not a map, but a file that contains information that ArcView
uses to display different shape files. GRASS cannot use this information. You
have to import all the shape file separately.

If you only want to display the map, you might want to try Thuban
(http://thuban.intevation.org) which contains an experimental apr-import
extension. But in any case you will need the .shp files that should have come
with it.

Moritz