[GRASSLIST:5353] Re: latest csv addition

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 13 23:40:20 EST 2005

> Will somebody help me to add the latest grass57 csv
> without jeopardising my long time achievement of
> installing grass csv, using
> grass-5.7.cvs-i686-pc-linux-gnu-25_12_2004-install.sh
>
> grass-5.7.cvs-i686-pc-linux-gnu-25_12_2004.tar.gz .
>
> Do I have to wage the battle again, of correcting
> errors and file missmatches using commands like
> ln -s /usr/lib/libtk.so /usr/lib/libtk.so.0.

Once system dependancies are met the first time, they generally will not
change much. (ie upgrading is much easier than initial install)

> Iam a bit apprahencive, and I will wait until I get a
> favourable mail giving me confidence.

Think of it as a chance to learn more about UNIX ;)

> Earlier I have received a feed that 'e00' file import
> error of GRASS57 is corrected(a typo v00 to e00),
> after I have indicated the same.

Don't know if it worth upgrading for a simple message typo..
If built from source, just cd into the module's directory and
run 'cvs update' [*] then make to rebuild an individual module.

[*] may need to run 'cvs login' first, see the CVS page on the GRASS
website.

Hamish