[GRASSLIST:5431] Re: how to save...

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 18 18:31:10 EST 2005

> Already can generate a map with Mexico and some
> temperature's isolines with labels but is as vector
> and need to save in a gif or BMP format. When i
> convert the vector to raster image the form desire
> of my map change, how can i do to save my imege
> without change its form??? Atach the vector image
> with the form that i wish save.

You don't need to go to the trouble of converting to raster.
Just use d.out.png or the PNG driver. You can then convert
with GIMP or:
pngtopnm map.png | ppmtogif > map.gif

> The image i save in GIMP after it was capturing screen.

Please be considerate of slow modem users before sending large
attachments to hundreds of people. (PNG format is usually pretty small)

That image looks like the attributes it could use something like
'd.site.labels precision=0' from GRASS 5.4 to get rid of all the
unused decimal points.
What did you use to draw them? (%f -> %g in the code?)

Hamish