[GRASSLIST:5446] Re: problems with r.in.srtm

William K woklist at charter.net
Wed Jan 19 15:28:26 EST 2005

First, r.in.srtm is meant to run on zip file as downloaded.  It
automatically unzips it, creates the support files and imports it.  It
figures out the extents of the srtm tile from the file name, so you
can't rename it.  It goes thru an intermediate geotif, so if it worked
it should have left behind a tiff as well.  It probably stopped because
it coouldn't find the zip.  The .bil file should be OK to import with
r.in.gdal.

But there is a bug in the code that figures out the extents so maybe
that's why it's not registering with your data.  I gave a patch to
Markus a while back but he hasn't applied it to the CVS yet, I'll have
to bother him about that again.

On Jan 19, 2005, at 1:44 PM, samuel cavalcante wrote:

> hi,
> i tried to import .hgt files using r.in.srtm but it didn´t
> work...r.in.srtm instead produces 3 files ... then i did run r.in.gdal
> to import the  .bil file, but it didn´t recognize well the
> projection...i have another rasters i want to overlay but even if they
> (apparently) are in the same projection (lat/long wgs84) they don´t
> match...
> can i change the projection of a raster without changing the location?
> thanks
> samuel

-----
William Kyngesburye <kyngchaos at charter.net>
http://webpages.charter.net/kyngchaos/

"I ache, therefore I am.  Or in my case - I am, therefore I ache."

- Marvin