[GRASSLIST:5489] use GRASS on a beowulf linux cluster

Eric Pante ericpante at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 23 15:36:27 EST 2005

Dear listers,

I am trying to write a shell script to use GRASS on a beowulf linux cluster.
In order to launch jobs on different nodes of the cluster, I was told to
write a shell script that would first initiate the grass environment, run
the grass commands, and then close grass ; I would launch the script using
rsh.

I wrote a script which first grass command is "grass53 /home/eric/a/b" (1).
This successfully initiates the grass environment, but the rest of the
commands does not run. When I manually exit the
grass environment, I have an error message such as (for example):
"i.texture: command not found" . I try to pipe the command (1) without any
luck. What is the proper way to do this?

Thank you in advance for your help,
eric pante