[GRASSLIST:5519] Re: Creating map: Simple way

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Tue Jan 25 12:53:32 EST 2005

On Tue, January 25, 2005 17:01, Hardeep Singh Rai said:

> On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 15:03:01 +0100 (CET), "Moritz Lennert"
> <mlennert at club.worldonline.be> said:
>>
>> For simple map making, you might want to look at
>>
>> Thuban http://thuban.intevation.org/ or
>> Quantum GIS http://qgis.org/
>
> Thank you for your response. But my intention was to start
> using GRASS, starting with a simple step. Is that possible?

Yes, obviously it is possible. Where are you at in the process at this stage ?
Do you already have GRASS installed ? If yes, which version ?

The easiest would probably be to use the display manager (d.m or d.dm
depending on the version) to put anything you want onto the map and then use
d.out.png to create a png image with the content of the screen.
In version 6.0beta you can also print directly from the display manager,
either to a printer or to pdf/ps/png file.

Moritz