[GRASSLIST:5574] Re: display monitor geometry

Ian MacMillan ian_macmillan at umail.ucsb.edu
Mon Jan 31 19:37:26 EST 2005

Hamish, thanks a lot for the reply, but I don't think this works for
what I want.  I think that is the way to resize the monitor, but not
the display manager (d.m).  I would like the original display manager
to come up in the lower left corner of my screen instead of the middle
by default, since the geometry (xy position) of the xdriver can not be
set (from what I have been told).  Everytime I open grass, I need to
resize and move the display manager before I do anything.  Also, my
.Xdefaults isn't completely read anymore when I start up grass, so my
xterm geometry is also not read.  Basically I would like a nice
geometry upon startup of grass, without always needing to resize and
move all the windows.

As for what you wrote, I don't think I understand everything exactly
(still a UNIX dunce),
I set my GRASS_HEIGHT and GRASS_WIDTH to 90 as a test with
g.gisenv set=GRASS_HEIGHT=90

however my monitors still pop up as a 640x480 screen.

GRASS 6.0.0beta1:~ > d.info -d
dimensions: 640 480

GRASS 6.0.0beta1:~ > eval g.gisenv
GISDBASE=/Users/ianmacmillan/grass