[GRASSLIST:7423] Re: Importing Landsat data

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 1 22:56:52 EDT 2005

> I need to import a Landsat image in FAST format.  The CD contains the
> following files
..
> How do I proceed to import this with r.in.gdal?   So far, all I have
> got is a recurrent " file xxx not recognized as a supported file
> format"

First try 'gdalinfo --formats' to check that FAST support is enabled.

supported gdal formats:
  http://www.gdal.org/formats_list.html

FAST is there:
  http://www.gdal.org/frmt_fast.html

so it should be possible to load it.

>From that GDAL help page:
"Datasets in FAST format represented by several files: one or more
administrative headers and one or more files with actual image data in
raw format." ... "This driver wants administrative file for input."

so try 'r.in.gdal input=HEADER.DAT'  (assuming that is the admin file)

If 'gdalinfo HEADER.DAT' doesn't work, you may have to try over on the
GDAL mailing list for more help.

Hamish