[GRASSLIST:7472] Re: ERDAS Atcor vs. i.atcor

Martin Wegmann wegmann at biozentrum.uni-wuerzburg.de
Wed Jul 6 09:58:26 EDT 2005

Hello,

Maciek referred me to Wolfgang Lück who did a comparison between MODTRAN and
6S. He will publish the results end of the year. However he received the
permission by Vermote to rewrite the Fortran code of 6S to C but not yet to
release it under the GPL.

please see this quote of his response for further informations:

"Thank you for your interest in i.atcor (6S). I am busy validating and
comparing results from this module with Atcor 2 & 3 as implemented in PCI. We
intend to improve it so that atmospheric products from MSG can be integrated
to define correction models more accurately. We also intend to improve the
HOT model for relative visibility extraction with a possible combination of
TC4 and HOT taking differences for land cover types (i.e water is problematic
with HOT) into account. I do not expect our implementations to be quite as
good as Richters models because we are no experts in atmospheric physics. I
hope to publish my thesis end of the year and will thereby then present a
quantitative comparison of the two models."
(wolfluck_AT_mweb.co.za)

regards, Martin

--
Martin Wegmann