[GRASSLIST:7477] Re: DEM import

Ian MacMillan ian_macmillan at umail.ucsb.edu
Wed Jul 6 12:59:34 EDT 2005

You will want to use something like r.in.gdal for a raster file.  Sites
no longer exist in GRASS 6.0, they have been ported to vector points.
I am not sure that either of those files is typical for raster data.
They sound like header files.
See http://grass.itc.it/grass60/manuals/html60_user/r.in.gdal.html
for data formats accepted by gdal.

G'luck