[GRASSLIST:7483] Projection LAMBERT III (South of France) parameters

Selim HERNANDEZ pimpoumvlan at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 7 03:05:28 EDT 2005

Hello,

For starters I use mapserver but my problem is not with Mapserver itself but
with the projection parameters which must be the same in Grass.

I can't find the right PROJECTION object's parameters in my .map file for
coords in LAMBERT III (used for the South of France).

Though, when I translate these coords into the WGS 84 system (epsg:4326),
it works fine.

Maybe the coords in the epsg file are wrong.

I used the following parameters and none of them worked :

"proj=lcc"
"lat_1=44.10000000000001"
"lat_0=44.10000000000001"
"lon_0=2.33722917"
"k_0=0.999877499"
"x_0=600000"
"y_0=200000"
"a=6378249.2"
"b=635651"
"pm=paris"
"units=m"

"proj=lcc"
"lat_1=44.10000000000001"
"lat_0=44.10000000000001"
"lon_0=2.33722917"
"k_0=0.999877499"
"x_0=600000"
"y_0=3200000"
"a=6378249.2"
"b=6356515"
"pm=paris"
"units=m"

"proj=lcc"
"lat_1=44.10000000000001"
"lat_0=44.10000000000001"
"lon_0=2.33722917"
"k_0=0.999877499"
"x_0=600000"
"y_0=3200000"
"a=6378249.2"
"b=6356515"
"pm=paris"
"units=m"

"proj=lcc"
"lat_1=44.10000000000001"
"lat_0=44.10000000000001"
"lon_0=2.33722917"
"k_0=0.999877499"
"x_0=600000"
"y_0=200000"
"a=6378249.2"
"b=6356515"
"pm=paris"
"units=m"

"init=epsg:27563"
"init=epsg:27573"
"init=epsg:27583"
"init=epsg:27593"

Did anyone ever run an project that worked with LAMBERT III coords ?

thanks

regards