[GRASSLIST:7532] USGS DEMs in Grass

Michael Kowen newtograss at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 13 09:49:14 EDT 2005

Hello everyone,

I am trying to convert USGS DEMs into grass.  Is there
a technique for this that can be easily integrated
into a script (I am trying to work with a fairly large
number of files)?   The first method of conversion
that comes to mind is to import each DEM into a new
location and then integrate them into one map later.
Unfortunately I have been unable to write a script
that is capable of entering and exiting the grass
environment without rendering itself useless (after it
enters the environment the remainder of the commands
do not execute); is there some way around this, a
better scripting technique than using bash?

thanks very much,

Michael Kowen