[GRASSLIST:7554] Re: 3D region in GRASS 6

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at centrum.cz
Fri Jul 15 04:53:49 EDT 2005

hi,
On Fri, Jul 15, 2005 at 08:47:51AM +0000, Claire Mautalen wrote:
> Hello Grass user,
>
> I would like to use v.vol.rst in Grass 6 but when I try to produce an elevation
> map, I have this following error message:
> Warning: there are points outside specified region--ignored 42 points (total
> points: 42)
> ERROR: zero points in the given region!
> I think I have to define a 3D region with g.region but I don't know how.
> If someone can help me?
> Thanks, Claire.

I thing, the only thing, you have to do is to define the 3th dimesion:

g.region e= w= n= s= t= b= res3=

e.g.

g.region rast=some_raster_map t=2000 b=0 res3=5

sets region from raster map "some_raster_map" with 'z' dimension from 0
to 2000 meters with resolution in all directions of 5 meters.

you can also define your region afer your points map:

g.region vect=your_points t=2000 b=0 res=5

Jachym

P.S. For producing elevation map (pixel, not voxel (volume pixel)) use
v.surf.rst, this works in 2D region.

--
Jachym Cepicky
e-mail: jachym.cepicky at centrum.cz