[GRASSLIST:7555] Re: vectorisation - vertex limit?

Martin Rutzinger Martin.Rutzinger at uibk.ac.at
Fri Jul 15 05:53:22 EDT 2005

Hi Markus!

You are right - there is no limit of vector primitives. It's a problem of the
thinning. The raster I used is not thinned properly.
Output of r.to.vect:

update_list:  crowded cell 7H (11,10)
ERROR: cell file is not thinned properly.
       Please run r.thin

So the vectorisation stops at a "crowded cell". Unfortunately  it is not
possible to remove this crowded cells with running r.thin again:

File obj_raster1 -- 21 rows X 26 columns
Bounding box:  l = 2, r = 27, t = 2, b = 22
   Path number 1
        Deleted 0  pixels
thinning completed successfully.
Output file 21 rows X 26 columns